Nerve Pain and Sciatica Relief with Our Northern VA Chiropractor
Sciatica is a common syndrome that can lead to a great deal of pain and dysfunction. At New Life Laser Pain Relief Center, serving Woodbridge and the surrounding Northern VA communities, our chiropractic staff is happy to meet with your or one of your loved ones and get to the bottom of your symptoms.
Understanding Sciatica: Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms
Your sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in your body and carries motor and sensory information to and from your lower body. It branches off from the spinal cord in the lower back area, on the right and left side of your spine. Sciatica happens when something compresses or pinches your sciatic nerve, usually a herniated or bulging disc, a degenerated or narrowed joint space due to age-related conditions like stenosis, or a bony cyst.
When the sciatic nerve becomes compressed, classic signs and symptoms develop, including:
- Shooting, searing, stabbing, burning, and/or radiating pain in one or both buttocks, groin, leg, or even foot
- Numbness and tingling that can extend all the way down into the foot
- Weakness in the leg
- Back pain and even hip or knee joint pain
These symptoms might get better or worse throughout the day, depending on factors like stress and activity.
Advancing age, repetitive bending and twisting in the spine, frequent heavy lifting, prolonged sitting or standing, and obesity are some leading risk factors for sciatica.
Regenerative Medicine and Other Techniques for Sciatica
Our Northern VA chiropractic team uses minimally-invasive, advanced technology and evidence-based chiropractic techniques to help people ease their sciatica symptoms and prevent them from recurring in the future. When you come to see us for sciatica pain relief, expect individualized treatments such as:
- Chiropractic adjustments and non-surgical spinal decompression to help reduce pressure on the affected nerve and get joints and spinal tissues back into alignment
- Regenerative medicine techniques, including our deep tissue robotic laser, to facilitate accelerated tissue healing and increased blood flow
- Massage therapy to alleviate inflammation and tissue tension that could be blocking healing
- Corrective exercises and postural re-education techniques to help you feel more in control of your body, movement, and health
Is Sciatica Pain Affecting Your Life?
Relief from sciatica pain is closer than you think. Call (703) 730-0200 to schedule an appointment at the New Life Laser Pain Relief Center today with our Northern VA chiropractor Dr. M. Scott White, D.C.